Here’s a fun little demo app myself and a co-worker built:
This application leverages the MS Kinect to manipulate 3d visualizations of social media data. The application tracks 3d motion of a person’s hand, using it as a virtual mouse cursor.
Social media data mined from tens of millions of news articles and blog posts over a period of 1+ month, using natural language processing algorithms to analyze article/blog contents, identify named entities and trends, and track momentum over time.
Info on this app:
- real-time 3d visualization of social media data, represented as a force-directed-graph.
- social media data was mined from tens of millions of news articles and blog posts over a 1+ month period.
- news / blog data analyzed using natural language processing (NLP) algorithms including: named entity extraction, keyword extraction, concept tagging, sentiment extraction.
- high-performance temporal data-store enables visualization of connections between named entities (eg, “Nicolas Sarkozy -> Francois Hollande”)
- system tracks billions of data-points (persons, companies, organizations, …) for tens of millions of pieces of content.
This is an example “20% time” employee project at my company, AlchemyAPI. We do fun projects like this to spur the imagination and as a creative diversion. Other projects (which I’ll get around to posting at some point) involve speech recognition, robots, and other geektacular stuff.pills manufacturerdiscount code 5%:_879981cheap pills online